|Apple Pie Crescent Roll Bites
I hosted a small house warming party on Friday night and I wanted to make a fun snack so of course, I looked on Pinterest
for some ideas. I found these apple pie bites and thought that would be a good way to use the apples I’d bought from the farmer’s market.
Apple Pie Bites
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into small slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can of crescent rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the crescent roll and separate the triangles.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter.
- Sprinkle each triangle with brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle with the walnuts,
- Cut the apple into 8 equal slices.
- Place a piece of apple on each triangle of dough and roll it in a croissant.
- Arrange crescent rolls on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the remaining butter on each crescent roll and sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
|Apple + Brown Sugar + Walnuts + Crescent Roll
If I were to make this snack again, I’d use smaller apple slices. I thought my slices were a bit too big to fit inside the crescent roll. I also might’ve doubled the recipe so it would make 16 and not 8.